Monday, July 7, 2014

Nightlife

Today was our first day without Steph's family. We really relaxed and rested today with no schedule but a walk at 9pm on the Riva with cousin Maja and her son Lav.

The boys and I ate breakfast on the Riva and Matthew stayed at the cafe and read while Luke and I tried to find the soccer field. He has been on a mission to find a soccer field as well as a ball since our arrival. Ironically, we are staying at an apartment next to the fire station. The boys walked over there after seeing soccer goals and they invited the boys to go ahead and play soccer whenever they wanted. It was a challenging day for Luke without specific plans since he likes to run and run and run.  I eventually took him down to the beach for awhile and dropped by the park a long the way. 'Park'  is three rope swings hanging from trees but overlooking the sea. He gets a thrill out of the swings. 

Matthew and I had a very nice dinner on the Riva and Luke walked down after to join us for our walk with Maja and Lav. 

We walked and of course had ice cream. They will be lost when we are home and they realize we can't have ice cream everyday!

Although the Riva was quite crowded, we did get to see a section marked off for people who would like to dance. There were a few couples doing ballroom like dancing. Maja then noticed a sign that said a Croatian singer would be performing at the local school and it just so happened she was performing at just that time so we rushed over there. Fortunate for us, we caught her last three songs. Although she usually sings in Croatian or French, two of the last songs were in English!!! Go figure!

Such a nice night. It's beautiful here with pretty mild weather although it was humid during the day. I never need a sweater.  My kind of weather! 

Here are a few pictures. 

4 comments:

  1. Loving your posts. Great shots! I'm so excited to hear all the details in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissy, I'm having all kinds of problems connecting with you. Let me know if you receive this. How was your day? We have Adel here today and we went and had lunch at the new port of call area next to the Maritime museum. We got roll and lunch meat and made sandwiches. It was great. Love to all. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissy, I received a real nice letter from Maja and I replied but don't know if she received it. Tell her that I appreciated the letter and that I say thank you and send my love. What's new there? Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Chrissy, I am so glad I didn't take my graduation picture home when I was there. I was just shocked, as you were, when I saw that picture. I could almost feel the emotions you were feeling when you saw all that. We will have a lot to talk about when you get back. When do you see Teta Katija and Nila? Love you.Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete